How to build high-performance sales teams
This episode is a discussion with Gus Quiroga – Head of Cognitive Applications at IBM and one of the best sales professionals I know. We talk about sales strategy, leading sales teams, selling into enterprise and everything in between.
- Gus Quiroga on LinkedIn
- The Trust Equation
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change
You’re listening to The Growth Manifesto Podcast, a Zoom video series brought to you by Webprofits – a digital growth consultancy that helps global and national businesses attract, acquire, and retain customers through digital marketing.
Hosted by Alex Cleanthous.
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/webprofitstv/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/webprofits/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/web-profits/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Webprofits/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/webprofits
- Agency: https://www.webprofits.io
- 00:00:51 Gus’ introduction to the Growth Manifestation Podcast
- 00:03:06 How do you define sales?
- 00:03:53 How do you identify the need & value of customers for sales?
- 00:05:28 What’s the first step in the process to fix a sales problem?
- 00:07:49 How do you identify the things you need to know about a customer that they’re not telling you?
- 00:13:57 How has sales changed since the 70s and since the last 5-10 years?
- 00:16:51 Everybody hires salespeople. You just don’t give them the title of “salespeople”
- 00:20:05 When does the negotiation start?
- 00:22:02 “The Trust Equation” + How to Build Trust
- 00:26:12 How does selling change depending on who you’re selling to?
- 00:34:36 What are some of the biggest mistakes you see in the sales process?
- 00:39:38 What’s the most important thing in leading teams?
- 00:51:11 What do you do if the culture is not productive in the team?
- 00:52:49How do you change yourself as a sales leader and make your team know it’s not just a fad or that you’re faking it?
- 00:57:03 As a leader, how do you approach it when a team member isn’t performing as well as they once were or should be performing?
- 01:01:05 How do you actually find and recruit the best salespeople?
- 01:08:11 Hunters, farmers, and sales design
- 01:10:01 What are some of the best methods or places to learn and improve your sales skills?
- 01:15:59 Quickfire questions with Gus
- 01:20:08 How to get in touch with Gus
Now that you’re here…
Why not take a few minutes to see how Webprofits can help you achieve your growth aspirations?
We helped one company grow from $25M to $190M revenue in 4 years, and we work with challenger brands that want to make a serious impact in their industry and have the resources (and the will) to make it happen.
If you want a growth strategy that leads the way in your industry, find out how Webprofits can help you transform your digital marketing.See what we can do