How DigitalMarketer drives growth for SaaS and education
This episode is a discussion with Justin Rondeau – Marketer, conversion expert, speaker, and Head of Technology & Operations at DigitalMarketer. We talk about conversion optimization, attribution, the latest digital growth strategies and everything in between.
You’re listening to the 2020 Marketing Series on The Growth Manifesto Podcast, a Zoom video series brought to you by Webprofits where we talk about how to drive business and marketing success through the rest of 2020.
Hosted by Alex Cleanthous.
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/webprofitstv/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/webprofits/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/web-profits/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Webprofits/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/webprofits
- Agency: https://www.webprofits.io
- 00:01:13 Catching up with Justin
- 00:04:13 Justin’s introduction to the Growth Manifesto Podcast
- 00:08:02 Justin’s shift from being head of marketing to head of operations & technology
- 00:11:54 What’s the difference between SAAS (software-as-a-service) marketing and education marketing?
- 00:17:43 What Justin is seeing that’s working from a SAAS marketing perspective
- 00:19:41 Justin’s Conversion Optimisation Pet Peeves
- 00:26:28 The environment required to conduct a true A/B Test
- 00:32:12 What’s the upper limit of time in terms of an A/B Test?
- 00:34:09 The Null Result
- 00:36:52 Confidence Rate
- 00:42:17 If we’re not doing A/B Tests, how do we approach improving the performance of our website instead?
- 00:45:40 It’s absolutely about the audience first
- 00:48:50 How do you expand your customer avatar?
- 00:51:40 How do you figure out the challenges and pain points of your customer avatar?
- 00:53:13 Spend more time understanding the audience
- 00:55:57 Justin talks about why you shouldn’t care about attribution
- 00:59:02 At the end of the day, are you making more money than you’re spending?
- 01:01:05 How do you approach setting your budget according to your funnel?
- 01:04:23 What do you do for the top part of the funnel before there’s any action?
- 01:07:06 Justin talks about measuring the performance of their content
- 01:09:16 Justin says know your baseline metrics and what you’re willing to pay to help guide your spending
- 01:11:21 Justin tells us which platforms he’s most excited about currently
- 01:14:39 How could different businesses approach the challenge funnel?
- 01:17:21 Justin tells us about more digital platforms and marketing trends that have been performing
- 01:22:52 Where are you most excited about in terms of the digital space in the next 2-3 years?
- 01:25:33 Quickfire questions for Justin
- 01:32:01 How you can get in touch with Justin
Now that you’re here…
Why not take a few minutes to see how Webprofits can help you achieve your growth aspirations?
We helped one company grow from $25M to $190M revenue in 4 years, and we work with challenger brands that want to make a serious impact in their industry and have the resources (and the will) to make it happen.
If you want a growth strategy that leads the way in your industry, find out how Webprofits can help you transform your digital marketing.See what we can do