How blockchain will change the business world
This episode is with Tim Draper – founder at Draper Associates , DFJ and Draper University, and one of the most influential people in the investment and cryptocurrency space. Tim helps entrepreneurs drive their visions through funding, education, media, and government reform. His investments include Skype, Hotmail, Tesla, Coinbase, TwitchTV and SpaceX, and he’s an early investor in Bitcoin (in 2014 bought around 30,000 seized bitcoin from the US Marshall’s Service which today would be worth around $1.8B). In this episode we talk about how cryptocurrency and blockchain will change the business world.
- Tim Draper on LinkedIn
- Draper University
- Draper Associates
- Draper Hero Institute
- Meet The Drapers
You’re listening to The Growth Manifesto Podcast, a Zoom video series brought to you by Webprofits – a digital growth consultancy that helps global and national businesses attract, acquire, and retain customers through digital marketing.
Hosted by Alex Cleanthous.
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/webprofitstv/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/webprofits/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/web-profits/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Webprofits/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/webprofits
- Agency: https://www.webprofits.io
- 00:01:03 Tim Draper’s introduction to the Growth Manifesto Podcast
- 00:01:57 What’s your approach to choosing investments?
- 00:04:05 Tim tells the story of how he helped Hotmail grow to 11 million users in 18 months with no marketing budget
- 00:06:44 Tim explains his mindset when it comes to entrepreneurship and venture capitalism
- 00:10:21 The businesses Tim invests in tend to compete in industries where the incumbents are making a lot of money but not providing great service
- 00:12:43 When did you see the potential of cryptocurrency and the blockchain industry?
- 00:18:15 Where do you see Bitcoin’s value going in the next 3-5 years?
- 00:21:33 When do you think Bitcoin will stop being a stored value and start being a currency?
- 00:26:11 Tim touches on the other cryptocurrency besides Bitcoin
- 00:28:16 What are some of the problems that the blockchain industry solves?
- 00:32:18 Are there examples of how cryptocurrency has changed the world today?
- 00:34:56 What does it take for cryptocurrency to change the way more stable countries like The US, The UK, and Australia do business?
- 00:37:40 How does a traditional company start to embrace the technology of cryptocurrency?
- 00:45:41 Are there places where companies can start to invest in blockchain solutions to improve their innovations?
- 00:47:57 Tim believes that major changes in business and new industries will come from entrepreneurs and startups whether it’s to disrupt or to support.
- 00:51:04 According to Tim, the best way to choose a company that has a solution your business needs is to look for the one that’s most successful
- 00:54:49 What are you most excited about in terms of bitcoin and cryptocurrency in the near future?
- 00:56:48 What is one thing you want the listeners of this podcast to do?
Now that you’re here…
Why not take a few minutes to see how Webprofits can help you achieve your growth aspirations?
We helped one company grow from $25M to $190M revenue in 4 years, and we work with challenger brands that want to make a serious impact in their industry and have the resources (and the will) to make it happen.
If you want a growth strategy that leads the way in your industry, find out how Webprofits can help you transform your digital marketing.See what we can do